Join our community of over 100 enthusiastic dancers! Our association is for everybody: people that start with dancing or have been dancing for a long time. People that train daily and people that dance once a week. Mingle in our diverse group of both Dutch and international members and find new friendships! Everything is possible and nothing mandatory. The association gives everyone the opportunity to develop themselves as a dancer (social or competitive), but also personally by joining a committee or a board.
Benefits for members
- Awesome parties, practice hours, technique lessons, and social events! You get to know more people, make friends and dance to your heart’s content.
- For students of any university, Blue Suede Shoes Membership includes a free X-Card (equivalent to €140), allowing participation in most X-TU Delft Facilities. See their website https://www.tudelft.nl/x/abonnementen-tarieven/ for more information. PhD students and TU Delft employees can also obtain the X-Card for a small additional fee.
- A Blue Suede Shoes Members card that gives discount at the following businesses: Jetuelle, and Dansschool Wesseling.
- A Knaek card that gives discount on different product and different stores in Delft. https://www.knaek.nl/
If you are thinking about joining, you want to know what it will cost, and what you get in return. This is exactly the information the two tables below will supply you.
A membership at Blue Suede Shoes will in the first place get you a spot in our fantastic community. Financially, you can get an idea by looking at the tables below.
|Blue Suede Shoes events||Members||Non-members||Discount|
|Professional Workshops avg.||€10 – €15||€15 – €20||-30%|
|Ballroom parties avg.||€4.00||€8.00||-50%|
|Monthly Tango Café avg.||Free!||€2.50||-100%|
|Weekly Ballroom practices||Free!||€2.50||-100%|
|Weekly practica tango||Free!||€2.50||-100%|
|What to expect||When||Benefits|
|40 tango practices||Thursdays||Save up to €100|
|40 ballroom practices||Tuesdays||Save up to €100|
|8-10 Tango Cafés||Every 3rd Saturday||Save up to €50|
|5-8 Ballroom Parties||Almost every month||Save up to €32|
|12-15 Professional Workshops||Save up to €40|
|Ballroom technique classes||Mondays||Only available to members|
|Tango technique classes||Thursdays||Only available to members|
|Social events||Every Month||Only available to members|
|NTDS/ETDS||Yearly||Only available to members|
There are a few membership types. These are outlined in the table below, as well as in the membership form.
|Membership type||For||Year membership||Semester membership*|
|Student – Including X-Card||Bachelor or Master from any university, or TU Delft PhD||€ 105.00||€ 52.50|
|TU Delft related – Including X-Card||TU Delft Alumni and Employees||€ 129.00||€ 64.50|
|TU Delft related – With X-association-subscription, no X-card||TU Delft Alumni and Employees||€ 105.00||N/A|
|Other||Everyone else, incl. PhDs from other universities||€ 105.00||N/A|
* A semester membership can only be selected if you want to become a member for the second semester, or if you can only be a member for half a year, e.g. for exchange students.
Become a Member
N.B. If you’re getting an X-card through the association, you can speed up the process of getting one by including your X client number in the message. (You can find this by logging in at X. Use the TU Delft login if that is applicable to you, you might need to give permission for sharing your info. Once logged in, you should see your ‘client number’ or ‘klantnummer’.)
With that number we can make sure to get you access to all the X facilities open to our members.
That’s all, welcome to the group!